Our church celebrated it’s one year anniversary today. It was nothing big or fancy but it was another beautiful Saturday. As some people talked about their experiences of the past year and what the year has meant for them, in my mind (with a tear or two) I was thinking of my own experiences and my feelings about the past year…..
This is what it means to me ….. Thank you
Thank you to the:
- Children – for filling the church with funny faces, for your running around, for the laughter, games, fun, happy and sincere smiles every time I see you
- Ladies – you are the pillars and the voice of the church, you make everything beautiful and make it feel like ‘home’. Thank you for your delicious food, friendship, advice and much needed shoulders to lean on. You have become very special and dear friends and I treasure that
- Gentlemen – for all the fixing, for making things happen, for being elders, leaders and mentors. I have new friendships forming and growing every week; so much respect for so many of you
- Visitors and fast becoming friends and part of the family – thank you for filling my heart with warmth and friendship
- Musicians – thank you for sharing your talents, I enjoy every hymn and song you present. Today was just beautiful, and I now have a new favorite song, thanks to uncle D and the Burts Brothers!
On most Sabbaths I still miss the old familiar faces and special people in my heart but I am grateful that I have to learn a new persons name every week.
Church family – thank you for the emotionally special memories and delightful Sabbaths I have had the past year. I am privileged and honored to be part of your family.