It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop – Vita Sackville-West
I’ve been thinking about this quote a lot, for many reasons, one of them is the blogging. I haven’t blogged for ages. Sometimes I feel guilty as if someone was depending on it and waiting to read something from me. Sometimes not thinking about it at all.
There have been opportunities and many topics on my mind too. But that’s the thing the moment has passed so now it seems pointless to talk or write about them. I let the butterfly go!
It’s quite alright, what would I do with those huge butterflies anyway?
- The current politics and what’s going on lately in SA
- Some religious issues and wars that have been in the news
- All sorts of other crazy things going on around us which actually just end up being political too
- And why on earth are pecan nuts so damn expensive?
I had opinions strong ones about all the news articles and conversations going on in media forums and sometimes in the office but these were just
butterflies moths that I didn’t want to catch….and I let it all go. So now it’s pointless, really, the moment has passed. And that’s ok, I feel better for it.
I do have some real butterflies saved, I started them but some are not finished and I’m not ready to click “post” yet
- The story of me – that’s a nice one but I need a photo of my big thighs and stretch marks and have not asked anyone to take it
- I was born to be a mother – this was meant to be posted on mother’s day but I have not finished it
- My selfie, my self-portrait – well that’s because I’m not 100% sure it looks like me, although I did paint the double chin
- Dream. Starts with the letter Z – this is still a dream and when it’s close to reality maybe then I will post it
Anyway this is just random ramblings about me, I love to blog and don’t do it regularly because some things are hard to share, and other times because it is just better to let the moment go….and once you let it go then you can’t go back. The butterfly of the moment has gone and the mood has passed.
For now I hope to come home in the evenings with a little bit of good energy for a blog post now and then. First I need to finish the ones that are saved in draft file and hurry up already.
Seriously now, why are pecan nuts so expensive? Why?