Writersbootcamp on Day 29 asks for a blog post on X-Ray
I am nearly finished with the July writers challenge and now they come up with the weird topics – x-ray!
Well you know I love art, right? And to get to a good sketch of the human body one needs to get underneath the clothes. Yeah, the nudes! 😀
Also the skeleton and bone structure, that’s why that little wooden figure is so useful when you are trying to draw the human body. You almost need to imagine the bones and sharp or rounded edges to get your portrait and human figure right. Like x-ray vision. That’s why I like these. Have a look at this artist.
I found these a while back and seeing the topic today x-ray it reminded me of the very cute x-rayed cartoons. Can you imagine your art figures in x-ray form?
You will find more interesting art on http://www.chris-panda.net/
@Writersbootcamp – Day 28, Politics and Drama
I couldn’t think of a more horrible thing even if I tried hard enough. I like movies 🙂 but know nothing of drama. I hate politicians and know nothing about politics. So what do I write about?
Office Politics and Office Drama (I
live work amongst some of the best)
I’m just the PA trying to fit in and grow into my position. You dear drama queen fresh out of varsity (or not so fresh) ready to climb the corporate ladder trying your best to impress are a royal pain in the ass. You still have lots to learn from me before you can tell me how to do my job. Oh that felt so good.
Ok so my suggestions to help avoid some politics and drama – from the PA perspective are like so:
- Stop comparing your previous company to the new one you are in now (or go back to previous place, really)
- Stop grumbling, say it loud or shut up. Whining and complaining about others is a big no-no
- Stop rolling your eyes, just listen maybe the younger ones or the ones with less degrees do have a good solution or opinion
- Being confident, does not mean you can be aggressive. Ai people, you are really hurting others with your forceful nature
- Be nice to the person you are criticising and say it nicely
- If you are too competitive they’re watching you. If you’re not competitive enough they’re talking about you. Ha ha, 😀 find the balance, Ok
- Being a role model does not mean wearing spike heels and kicking people around, so be the humble person with the soft voice, not the loud office canary
It’s a big ocean out there, or jungle, the most colourful ones get eaten up if they are not careful. From me the PA that sometimes takes most abuse in the office, I’m acting like I’m ok, so please don’t interrupt my performance!!
Day 27 – Bucket List @Writersbootcamp
This should be easy, but it’s not! But here goes…(no special order)
- Swim with dolphins
- Greek Isles
- Scuba diving
- Sell all my paintings
- Fitness!! Need to get fit, lose weight
- Learn to make real cheese, spend time in cheese farm
- Read the whole Bible
- Learn to salsa and waltz
- Write a book
- See the great migration of Serengeti
- See my sons graduate!
- Visit Peru
- Cage diving with sharks
- See the Northern lights
- Volunteer work with my church (teach children) in China or India
- Learn to play piano
- See Niagara falls
- A small beach house for me and my bear to go to…..
Sjoe, that was hectic!!
@writersbootcamp Day 26 Friends
ah friends why don’t I feel like writing about them? It’s just too many and too many years between school friends, and the growing up friends, and the adult ones, it’s so many…
My sister is one of them but distance makes it difficult. My cousin, she has been around at the best and worst times. Some nice gals at church that keep me sane. One extra special girl who also emigrated but we have managed to stay in touch.
A few girls from primary school, we have stayed in touch and thanks to FB we get to catch up on those important family functions and milestones.
My best friend Nat that has also been around for some tough and good times and we have watched our children come out of cocoons into little butterflies…
My work friends that have worked with me for, oh, something like 20 plus years. They spend the whole day with me so they really see the good, the bad and the ugly of me and still stick around!
And this sums, it up for me – if distance and silence can exist and we remain friends, that’s all that matters. That’s friendship ♥ and I’m grateful for those special girls in my life that are there when I need them most
@Writersbootcamp – Day 24, What’s on my desk / in my handbag / in my pocket / in my car
What’s in my handbag?….lots of stuff, really lots and lots of stuff, some things too 🙂
my purse, car keys, lip-ice, some make-up, mints, pen
access (staff) card, perfume, headaches pills, hand lotion x2
gum, mirror, comb, and other stuff.
It’s a girls bag so it is full of little things